Saturday, August 10, 2013

What not to do after your muscles have been torn apart...

So we took the kids to this water park that was not your typical water park.

This place sounded so amazing! It had rock climbing, zip lining, inflatable park, cliff jumping, rope swings, water slides, and all the swimming you can imagine!

So we get everyone loaded into the car and drive an hour and a half south to this amazing brownstone park.

First thing we do is scale this rock wall and jump onto a float where you have to balance yourself (using all your torn Core muscles) on all fours  i crawl to the end of the float where the next person jumps off and launches you high into the air. Of course I had to be determined to keep my balance and crawl my way twenty feet to the end of the float and have my entire body tossed like a rag doll into the air...

Next we moved onto the rope swing... NEVER do the rope swing after you have an ab tearing workout.  This is how it went:

We climb up the side using the rope net. Then the kids chicken out so now that I made them feel like pansies I have to jump.  The guy hands me the wooden handle and tells me to pull it to my chest, walk off, and pull it back to my chest after I feel it pull tight, then let go when I want to... That's how it should have went; this is how it actually went:

I pull the rope close to my chest, step off, feel it pull tight and try to pull it back, my torn abs scream at me and my arms let go and I go face first chest first into a hard water wall knocking the wind out of myself and feeling like I was punched on the face. You hear everyone around yell "oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Yea it felt worse then that...

And that wasn't the end of it... Two kids wanting to do everything!!!! But only if YOU do it too! Can't be known as the bum so gotta attempt everything once.


Off to this giant slide, that looks like a slip and slide on steroids.  It really looked easy enough you just jump on it, side down, and ta-da! your done!
Well, maybe for your average Joe but not for this gal!  I jumped on it full force and the bounce threw my body backwards again ripping open my gut and all I could see the whole way down was stars!  I did not get water up my nose upon impact though so consider that another great feat!!!

The easiest part of the whole day was strapping myself into a harness and ziplining down a 150 foot cliff into the water.  Asides from losing my bottoms I'd say that was pretty harmless!

Now one of the kids wanted to do the giant raft you jump on (see prior incident of rag doll) and of course I was elected to go... it really wasn't so bad, except this time I jumped and missed the center and was thrown immediately into the water.... I'm not gonna say I was upset about that.

So four hours later and literally swimming the whole day we were all wiped out and ready to go.

All I can say is I need some ibeuprofin and a hot tub...


***zzzzzzz...***

No comments:

Post a Comment