Monday, October 7, 2013

Erasing Sunday Funday!

This is how Sunday went....

I started my day walking 3 miles at the American Cancer Society's Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk... 

Apparently I reasoned with myself that because I did so, I earned a free pass to sloth and gluttony...
Of course we were home just in time for 1:05pm kickoff and of course football goes hand in hand with ingesting calories.

Here's what was on the menu today:
Sweet and sour BBQ chicken wings
Spinach veggie dip w/ townhouse pita crackers
Buffalo chicken dip w/ baked tostitos scoops
Spinach pies
Chourico Pies
and
Bud light

Now all this was for 4 people......... I have always over prepared for Sunday Funday.

By 6pm I was ready for bed.  Had to force myself to keep my eye lids open and drink water to flush all the toxins I just ingested out of my system!!!  Ohhhhh why did I do this to myself????

So now Monday has arrived and, naturally, I am having a fat day.

So I created a 15 minutes kickass workout... if I do this everyday I can actually not feel SO bad about enjoying Sunday Funday....  and it's an at home workout where the only equipment needed is a jump rope.

This workout works everything... core, legs, arms, and butt.  Keep in mind this is a 15 minute workout so you have very little time to rest between moves.  

1. 30 seconds or 50 jumps with the jump rope.  I did 30 seconds and tried to see how many jumps I could get in. Easiest way to do jump rope: Keep your feet together and jump with your feet, don't use your knees.  Try to keep you legs straight with just a slight bed at the knee.
 Tops was 63 jumps today.

2. 10 burpees.... YES I had to throw in this torture move.  No pain no gain!!! Plus if I can get myself used to these Frankie can't torture me as much...  Now remember, the burpee move starts on your feet in the crouched position  Kick yourself out into push up position then jump back to crouch position, stand and jump straight up.  I have 8 feet ceilings so I made sure I touched the ceiling every time. 


3. 10 sit ups.  Feet together, knees to the floor, kinda like a diamond.  Make sure you keep your spine straight, otherwise you're not engaging all your core muscles. 


4.  5 push ups. Feet together arms shoulder width apart.  If it's too hard you can spread your legs further apart or drop to your knees.


5.  20 squats.  Make sure your holding your torso straight and chin up.  It helps me to hold my arms straight in front of me and focus on a point straight ahead.  That way my head and torso stay unmoving. 


Just do this three times and you're done.  SO basically you have 5 minutes for each set.  That's a minute per move, so if you want to figure rest in there you I would take it after the burpees and rush through the sit ups and push ups.  Rest after squats and blast through the jump rope and burpees again.

Now if you were really bad on Sunday Funday (like me) do ten sets in a half hour ;)



Ahhhh I feel better already.... and sweaty.... and my legs feel like rubber...

No comments:

Post a Comment