Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thirteen!

So apparently jump ropes need to come with a warning label on them..........

My wonderfully athletic fiance had his daughter over last Wednesday.  She found my jump rope and wanted to have a jump rope competition with him.  So they are outside jumping rope and getting to about 15 jumps, he was getting to about 20.  So I go out there and say OK guys THIS is how it's done. I bang out 100 jumps and hand the jump rope off.
My wonderfully athletic fiance tries and fails then hands it off to his daughter and she gets 20 jumps.  GREAT for a kid, but not great for my wonderfully athletic fiance.
I say to him, I'm gonna kick your butt because this is what I do... I jump rope.... I jump rope almost everyday to get my cardio in.  I am now a PRO at jumping rope!  I tell him soon Frankie wants me to get double jumps in and he says "Oh you mean like this, watch Rocky Balboa style!" He does double jumps AND falls to the ground writhing in pain.... He has ruptured his Achilles tendon..... And now his daughter is scarred for life and will NEVER jump rope again....  Off to the hospital and yep, ruptured Achilles tendon.  He will now be a gimp for the next three months.  Shoulda left the jump rope to the pro ;)


Ok so I have moved my training sessions with Frankie to Thursdays... So much more convenient.   So Thursday comes upon me.  I go to meet up with Frankie.  Today is lifting day!  Woot woot no cardio!!! So excited!!!! So Frankie has me on the 'mens' side of the gym... I am always the ONLY female on the free weights half of the gym, it's so awkward!  But I'm there with Frankie so I could care less.

He sets me up with the 45 pound barbell.  We are doing something like a dead lift row... I can't remember what he called it.  Basically I do a dead lift but once I get the bar to my hips I shrug my shoulders and pull the barbell to shoulder height then flip the barbell up so it looks like I'm about to press it up, but then I just drop it.

He has me do 10 reps of this with the 45 pounds.  I am HORRIBLE at coordinating my movements, I think things through WAY too much.  So the first ten was another "was that it!??" "No" "how about that!??" "uuuh, almost"  "Did I do it!???" "Just keep trying"



After the 45 pound set he adds 20 pounds and now I have to do 65 pounds.... That was a struggle but I think i got the movement down!  Or Frankie just gave up and let me do whatever I was doing....  He says to me you should be feeling it in your hamstrings, I say yea I feel it right here I must be doing it right!  He says, yea those are your quads you need to squat less and dead lift more. Oops...  Silly me....

After that set he sets it up to 95 pounds!!! WHAAAAAAATTTTT you gotta be kidding me!   It was funny because this guy was sitting across from em watching and the look on his face was a replicate of the look on my face (but then I looked at what he was lifting and it made me chuckle).  So now that I have an audience I have to put on a show. I dead lift and PULLLL and it doesn't go anywhere... Frankie tells me I have to do it all fast or else that will keep happening.... (yea right) So I try it fasssssst and I DO IT!!! Holy crap it is heavy, almost throws me on my ass when I flip it, but I did it!  Now only 9 more.... phewww..... 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and done!!! I am a beast!


What's next I ask.... Oh some cardio... :(  I have to row 300 meters in 1 minute 20 seconds then I get a minute rest, BUT during the rest I HAVE TO PLANK!!! What kind of rest is that!?  I tell him I feel like I'm at work where I get a "One hour" lunch but I have to work through it!

I'd rather row than plank... and rowing 300 meters in a minute 20, what the hell is that about? I just have to do this 4 friggin times..... I thought today was a lifting day?

Anyway, I make it through rug burning my damn elbows.  I'm gonna catch a staph infection from those nasty gym rugs and all these planks. Too bad if I plank on the mat I slide off of it.... The price we pay to get fit.

Oh by the way, we took measurements today... I've dropped another inch off my waist and hips, 1 1/4 inch off my calves, an inch off my thighs and a half inch off my arms... and dropped 3% of my body fat.  No pain no gain!!

13/52  ***Going going GONE***

No comments:

Post a Comment