Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eleven and Twelve....

Last Tuesday was a very frustrating day.  I wanted to punch someone in the face,   But I didn't.  There were just too many people that inspired my inner serial killer... but I subdued that inner devil and hit the gym hoping Frankie wouldn't kick my ass too bad.

It's like he knew I had a frustrating day... the workout he gave me was perfect for all the bottled up aggression I had!

For starters, I had left the house to go to the gym. Half way to the gym I realized I forgot a bottle of water and all I had in the car was an empty coke bottle.  Oh well, it'll do.  So I walk in at about 7:29pm and see Frankie with his 7pm appointment still working out.  So I hit the locker room and fill my bottle.    Once I head over to them they were sitting down and Frankie calls me Miss Late Pants.... I think to myself, oh shit I remember what happened last time I was late.... please don't punish me........

But he actually doesn't.  PHEW!!!

We do a quick workout (because I was late).  We're doing 3 sets of two different moves each time.

First move is with the 18lb medicine ball.  I have to hold it above my head and bounce it near my left foot, catch, lift and bounce down to my right foot.  Do this for 30 seconds.

THIS IS GREAT.  It is just hard enough to challenge me and just heavy enough to allow me to chuck the ball at the ground as hard as possible and get all that aggression out GRRRRRR!

Then after that I have to do mountain climbers.  Slowwwwwly.... He tells me to focus on pulling my knee as high to my chest as possible.  30 seconds of that.

Now I get to rest for a minutes.

Next is a move I will refer to as the Richard Simmons....
Too bad I left my fluorescent hot pants at home...

I have to do high knees. Left right left right etc.... all while holding my arms above my head straight and moving them down past my knees with each knee. So I look like Richard Simmons jazzercizing. "Ok people lets go!!!" 30 seconds of this.

Then is suicides.  Yep plain ol' school suicides.  Run backwards to a point, drop and touch the ground, push off and sprint forward, drop and touch the ground, then run backwards to a further point, drop touch the ground and sprint forward to starting point, then one last time run backwards to the furthest point, drop hit the floor then sprint forward to the start.  Done.

Rest for one minute.

This last one he has me do is the worst.  He has me stand on the treadmill, with it off.  I am to push the belt to move, with it off, and 'run' for 45 seconds.   That is one long 45 seconds, let me tell you. My calves, quads, hamstrings you name it it was on fire.

No rest for the wicked, straight to the next move!
Back to the medicine ball.  This time I have to lift the ball, bounce to my left foot, catch, lift, bounce to my right foot, catch, lift, bounce down the middle.  Then repeat for 45 seconds.

Then we were done.  I feel like I cheated myself out of a good workout because this one really wasn't that challenging.  Maybe that just means I'm turning into beast mode!  Killed it!










This Tuesday was all about cardio.  Not even enough to write!  It was a half hour of pure treadmill running.

Frankie texted me around 6:15 asking if I wanted to come in earlier, he had a cancelation.  Lucky for him I just so happen to be sitting around cursing myself for setting my training appointment for 7:30pm... So I jump at the offer, hell yea I'll be there at 6:30p.

So I get there and we get straight to work.  Frankie explains to me the end of October and November are all going to be about cardio.  Every other workout is going to be pure cardio.  So today is the first of them. 

All I have to do is:
Run .12miles... rest for thirty seconds
Run .25miles.... rest for a minute
Run .50miles..... rest for two minutes
Run .50miles..... rest for two minutes
Run .25miles.... rest for one minute
Run .12miles.... DONE

And So I did.  Running an eight of a mile is a piece of cake.  Following that with running a quarter mile is not so bad.  Following that with running a half mile is just a bit tiring.  Following that with another half a mile my body is asking ARE WE THERE YET???? Following that with a quarter mile is really not that bad and ending off with an eight of a mile is a friggin piece of cake. 

Now I am absolutely drenched in sweat I feel like I just ran through torrential downpours.  

But hey, we're done!! 



Torture Sessions: 11/52 and 12/52 KILLED


***BEAST MODE INITIATED***







No comments:

Post a Comment