Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seven and Eight.... and supposed to be nine....

I have had such a bust life this past month!  Work has kept me so busy.  We remodeled our store and completed a grand reopening.  I have been so exhausted!  14 hour days, sore feet, and sleep deprivation.

Even through all my exhaustion I have still kept with Frankie.  Made every single appointment and even dragged myself to the gym all by myself.

Session seven:

Frankie tried to get me to do this move holding a 65 pound barbell at my chest, then I was supposed to dip, rise and press the bar above my head, but then as I lift the barbell I was supposed to dip again while pressing the barbell all the way over my head.... I COULD NOT DO THIS!  Not because it was too hard but because my mind could not understand what he wanted my body to do!
Frankie actually made me put the bar down and simulate the move without the bar.... I think he found it humorous. I just could not get it.  Finally he says ok back to the bar.  So I try again, and try again, and try again each time saying "DID I GET IT!???" and Frankie saying "uh........no...." "DID I GET IT!!!????" "Well...... kind of....last one let's get it this time"  "Ok That HAD TO BE IT RIGHT!!!!?" "Yes! That was it! No, I'm lying you didn't do it.... just put the bar down." Ok... A for effort tight? :)
Looks something like that except imagine in phase c dipping again...


 Then we move on the Frankie's favorite three sets of three different moves.

We started with his the rowing machine. As we head over there I say "Oh good I like the rowing machine!" He mumbles "You won't after this......."
First I have to row 100 meters, Frankie says I have great rowing form.  Damn straight! This girl knows how to row. I wasn't lying when I said I liked the rowing machine....


Then he has me do 10 burpees... you remember these.... Frankie says he saw a poster imitating "The most interesting man in the world" you know the guy from dos xx beer commercials... (I don't always drink beer, but when I do I drink dos xx...) Well the poster said "I don't always do burpees; but when I do, I never do them for more than five minutes"
I.HATE.BURPEES. end of story. Here's my poster:
you try doing these ten in a row... and yes this pic depicts fluid motion... ready set go!


So after suffering through the burpees and my burning legs Frankie has me do his version of crunches, holding a twenty pound weight.  I couldn't do them last time but this time they seemed so easy!  Frankie told me they're not easy, I'm just progressing.  I like getting a figurative pat on the head (what a good girl!!).


We went through this three times.  My God I have never been so happy to get through a half hour workout.  Those Burpees are AWFUL!

Torture session 7/52

Session 8:

I really was not feeling well today.  I had the day off and cleaned the house top to bottom.  My allergies were thanking me for all the dust I fed them. I had my appointment at 7:30 and I fell asleep at 6:50... granted I woke right up at 7:05 but needless to say, I did not want to go see Frankie.

It's like he must have known because this was actually not so bad.
This was just a set of two moves.
Run a half mile and then do 12 reps on the assisted pull up machine.
So I ran at 5.8... did a half mile in about 3 minutes.  Then I did my 12 pull ups using just 90lbs this time, last time I had to use 100lbs (progress!!!)
Then back to running.... this time I put it to 5.9... Frankie did not like that.  He got a little sarcastic with me "Wow, really pushing yourself today aren't ya" So I shoot him the look and move up to 6.2.... "Now that's what I'm talking about" he says.
Then we go to use the pull up machine and this woman has decided to camp out on it.... Seriously lady? So on to plan B.  Frankie says you'll just have to do a pull up... I THOUGHT WE WENT OVER THIS FRANKIE!
Only he just wants me to jump up and add resistance rather than try to pull myself up or hold myself up. Not bad, I feel like I'm cheating myself though.  He has me do this 12 times.
Back to the treadmill, I set it to 6.5. Last set let's get this over and done with! "Tha'd a girl!"
Then back to the jump up pull ups, that lady was STILL at the pull up machine... come on now....

But that only took 20 minutes, we still have 10 minutes left. So Frankie moves me to a machine deep inside the elusive "Men's" section of the gym... you know that section, grunts and bulging veins....
We are at the cable machine to work on my tri's.
He has me sit on the ground with the cables set in the highest position and pull them down.  He says this will help me to be able to do a pull up (I told him that my goal is to be able to do one pull up by the end of the year).  He has me do three sets up ten strating at 40lbs moving up to 50lb and then 60lbs.  I struggled on the 60lbs but I did it!

Frankie then says he brought his own tape measure and asks if I want to take my measurements... Sure, why not?
I have lost:
1/2" on my waist
1/2" on my hips
1/2" on my thighs
nothing on my arms
and I have GAINED 3/4" on my calves???? I don't think that first measurement was right unless all my 1/2"s went straight to my calves...... and all this time I thought everything goes straight to your hips!!!


Torture session 8/52

Session nine:
This session is to be continued... I showed up but Frankie didn't :(
Guess he got in trouble for his tattoos and got sent home and no one called me.
I was not happy.
Rescheduled for tomorrow. He better have a good set lined up.


***REDO***


No comments:

Post a Comment