Monday, September 30, 2013

Number Nine.

So I show up at 6pm for my training session with Frankie.... 6:01...6:02....6:03.... No Frankie.... So I go to the desk and the same girl from Tuesday is there "No Frankie again???" I ask and she gets the gym owner.  He says he'll call Frankie and get back to me....

Frankie thought he said 6:30, he'll be here in 15 minutes.

My wonderful cousin who is the reason I joined the gym to begin with is here tonight though so I'll just find her.....Uh oh the trainers have found her first.  She made it through 2 months without them sinking their teeth into her.  It was inevitable, complimentary training session!!!!  Ok you have fun with that, hope you didn't plan on walking for the next five days :)

Frankie shows up and we get straight to work.  He grabs a bench, which is about 2 feet off the ground. He jumps up on the bench and says "Would you be comfortable doing that?" Sure, why not? Ok...


So I stand in front of the bench, when you're actually getting ready to jump up the bench looks a lot higher than it did when Frankie did it.... Oh boy, my coordination is not very good.... here goes nothing. I made it effortlessly!  Now just nine more.... Jump up, step down.... Jump up, step down.... ten times, made it!

Now sit on the bench and do sit ups, feet on the ground, butt scooched right up to the edge.... 10 of those.... piece of cake.....


Then he grabs that great 65lb barbell... dead lifts pulling the bar up to my chest... 10 of those.... not so fun but not so hard...

Now repeat!  This time on about my fourth jump my toe catches the bottom of the bench and I stumble... I catch myself, but I stumbled... Frankie doesn't flinch but he does compliment my wonderful recovery.  He says "Did you see how fast I moved to catch you!??"  I say "I didn't see you move"  "Exactly!  So don't let that happen again, I have horrible reflexes."   ........That's comforting......

I make it through four sets when my cousin comes over, all red faced and panting... her session is done lol.  So she watches me finish up my last set and Frankie asks her if she wants to do some planks with us..... WHATTT!!!!!!??? There's more????? Oh man I thought I was done......

She says "Sure!!" so over to the mat we go.... now these aren't your typical planks..... this is stand, walk yourself out with your hands into pushup formation with then onto your elbows in plank position, but don't plank, move back to push up position and do ten mountain climbers.... then back to your elbows and back to push up form then walk yourself back to standing position...

Really didn't seem that hard... so we both begin, my cousin now understands why I do not want to work out after I have completed a training session.... She's like oh screw this I'm done! So she takes off and leaves me alone with Frankie...



We go through five reps of the mountain climber push up plank move and then finish it up with 30 second planks... first one plank and extend one arm.... Made me feel like superman, this apparently is supposed to help engage the core... when you're not concerned with keeping your balance like I was! Next I switch arms and do the other side, next one i have elbows down and lift on leg off the ground (still extended straight) then the next with the other leg... last two are on the side one elbow to the ground one arm extended towards the sky.... and then rotate sides.....



Torture session 9/52


***DONE***

No comments:

Post a Comment