Wednesday, September 4, 2013

On to S_I_X

How quickly  a week goes by, last Tuesday went and this Tuesday came.   This Tuesday I spent half my day at work running around like a fool, couple hours spent in a funeral parlor surrounded by Lilies.... those of which I am EXTREMELY allergic to... So after leaving and sneezing and going through a box of tissues I REALLY did not want to go see Frankie.  I actually had the "Hey can we reschedule" text typed out about 7 times.... but each time I erased it saying no, no, no.... allergies and exhaustion should not be a reason to cancel on Frankie....

So I get my self dressed and head to the gym.  When I get there Frankie walks over to me "You are here!!!!"  I think to myself, shit did I actually cancel and have taken too many Zyrtec to remember?  Frankie then explains he was over filling out my workout for the night when another client of his sits down and says Ok are we ready!  Like it was her time.... I said oh no no no no Frankie, Tuesdays at 7:30pm are for LB only! He laughs and says I know, I had you first anyways. So he goes to let the other one down and tells her to leave. DAMN STRAIGHT!

So the work out begins.  Frankie guides me to the assisted pull up machine, that of which I have never  seen nor have absolutely no desire to go near.  He explains for me to set the weight to half my body weight and it should be just hard enough but just easy enough.  He then says, sooooo what weight should I put it at? Remember the more weight you put the easier it will be.  So I chose 80lbs... I'm 167 that should be fine.  Then I look at the machine and er what exactly am I supposed to do here? these machines are all greek to me. He tells me to put my knees on the arm and hands on the bar, but don't kneel before you grab hold of the bars!  So I pulllllllllllllllllllll myself uppppppppppp wtf this shit is hard!?  So he stops me and adds 20 lbs (I hope he isn't saying I'm 20lbs heavier lol) Now I had to do two sets of ten... oh man I have no upper body strength... I suck at arms... after the two sets he decreases the weight by 10lbs and now I have to do 8 of these.... What.A.Friggin.Struggle.


Now on to another one of his favorites, AMAPs.... As Many As Possibles.  Now I know that these are deceiving.  They don't SEEM to be hard but really, they are a slow torture that makes you so sore the following day.  But hey BRING IT.

So he says we are going to be doing weighted back squats with a weight between 60 and 90lbs.  We started with 65lbs.  6 squats.  I'm actually getting pretty good at these! Yay progress! So I squat my 6, with no problems.....





then we move on to the next....

Hand release push ups... I must say once he told me what they were called I giggled.... I said oh man that is not what they're called and Frankie looked at me so seriously and said yea it is, why what's funny?  HAHAHA oh nothing forget it.... I don't want to explain that one... So I let him explain what a hand release push up is....  Really it's just a push up where you lower yourself completely to the ground and lift your hands (while you're on the ground) then push yourself completely back up.  Just three of these... he always says "just' three... So I struggle through these three, still having NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH...

And he must have thought I was kidding when I told him I have NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH because now he wants me to do one, just one, full pull up.  Right of the bat I laughed and said yea that's not gonna happen but I'll try...

So he sets me up, hanging and I pull, and pull, and pull, anddddd I'm not going anywhere.  So he says ok, well how about plan B?  Jump up and grab the bar at your chin and slowly drop yourself.... Again, I laugh... ok Frankie whatever you say! So I jump up, I catch the bar annnnnnnd I just dropped myself like a ton of bricks.  He's like, um yea try it again just a little slowerrrrr... So I try again a littleeeeee slower..... He says hmmm ok let's try something else.. hahaha ok sure.

He takes the bar and lowers it about 3 feet of the ground and I have to basically lay under the bar, grab the bar to hold myself up with my heels on the ground and do a pull up this way.  This I could do!!!! I was so excited!  And so was Frankie, he's like YES!!!! That's it!!!!!



And then I had to start all over again with the squats, which Frankie has added 10lbs to... no pain no gain!

I have 17 minutes to do as many as possible.  So I got to 7 sets with three minutes left.  Frankie wants me to break ten within the three minutes left. And I did! with 10 seconds to spare, he's like Ok get back to the squats you can get one in!!!!! Yea, let's just say I took my time....... oh shoot out of time....

Guess he didn't like that because, now we run!!! Are you fn kidding me???

He had me do an eight of a mile and follow that with 15 crunches.  The only thing is, the crunches he has me do require me to place my feet together with my knees on the ground, kinda like a diamond, and lay back and then crunch. But I was wearing shorts and it is just such an awkward position with shorts on and he was standing RIGHT THERE front and center.  But I did them.  With a  quick shorts check every time I came up, gotta make sure those bad larry's don't show my hoo ha.

I swear it must be something mental but every time he lets me know this is the LAST ONE my body just stops working.  I tried three times on the last one!  Finally I said three half crunches equal a whole! I'm done!

Today was the day we were supposed to take measurements but Frankie couldn't find a tape measure.. so instead he checked my BMI.  Yay my fat content went down 1.3% and I also learn that 115lbs of my169 are lean muscles... but that also means 54lbs of it is fat... that is n.a.s.t.y



Torture session 6/52

***FINITO***

No comments:

Post a Comment